Environmental Contamination Remediation Professionals For Every Industry
Westrex Services is a privately owned, dynamic and customer focussed company, providing innovative and cost effective environmental contamination remediation and total waste management solutions to every industry. Comprised of a team of environmental scientists, engineers and industry professionals, Westrex has the right balance of expert knowledge and practical experience to successfully deliver all of your complex remediation projects to the highest standards. No problem is too big or too small, as our range of services extends from small single source treatments to large scale turnkey challenging site remediation projects.
Westrex operates a fully integrated waste processing and resource recovery facility in Jackson QLD, which is licensed to receive contaminated soils, liquids, and a wide range of regulated wastes. With this in-house waste management capability and access to a range of industry partner waste processing and landfill facilities, Westrex are perfectly positioned to provide a complete environmental contamination remediation and waste management service to our valued customers.
Soil Remediation and Treatment Services
Westrex specialises in providing innovative and environmentally friendly in-situ and ex-situ soil remediation and treatment services, tailored to meet specific customer and site environmental objectives. Our friendly team of professional scientists, engineers, project managers and site supervisors will manage all aspects of your environmental contamination problem, from bench, lab and pilot scale treatment trials, to conceptual design and planning, project execution, validation and project completion. All remediation and treatment services are conducted in strict adherence to legislative standards and in accordance with Westrex Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) management systems, which provides our customers the confidence to know the project will be delivered successfully. Examples of our in-situ and ex-situ solid waste remediation services include:
- All types of contaminated soil excavation, transport and off-site disposal, including asbestos contaminated soils.
- Removal and decommissioning of redundant Underground Storage Tanks (UST’s) and associated infrastructure.
- Chemical oxidisation, stabilisation and immobilisation.
- Augmented microbial enhancement, bioventing and soil blending.
- Bioremediation, phytoremediation and soil washing.
- Acid sulphate soil identification, treatment and management.
- Sludge dewatering, solidification and disposal.
- On-site lined containment cells.
- Ground improvement through physical and chemical geotechnical augmentation.
Water Remediation and Treatment Services
Westrex offers a range of water remediation and treatment services, incorporating both in-situ and ex-situ water treatment technologies. Our multi-disciplinary team can design, construct, operate and maintain small-to-large scale water treatment systems, that target and remove identified contaminants of concern from groundwater and waste water, allowing the treated water to be discharged in accordance with legislative and site specific requirements. Our treatment systems can be modular or containerised, allowing for relatively quick and efficient set-up on site and can easily be integrated into existing site water management systems. Examples of our in-situ and ex-situ water remediation services include:
- Contaminated groundwater extraction and treatment systems.
- Contaminated waste water treatment systems.
- Contaminated water vacuum extraction and disposal services.
- Acid sulphate soil run-off and leachate treatment.
- In-situ chemical oxidisation.
- Impermeable barrier installation.
- Permeable Reactive Treatment Zone (PRTZ) or barrier (PRB) installation.
Waste Management Services
Westrex offers a complete waste management service, utilising our fully integrated waste processing and resource recovery facility located in Jackson QLD, and our industry partner waste processing and landfill disposal facilities across Australia. Westrex are industry leaders in the management of solid, liquid and regulated wastes, in full compliance with current legislation, regulatory requirements and our specific waste facility licence conditions. Examples of our waste management services include:
- Identification, acceptance, transport, tracking and disposal of wastes.
- Contaminated soil treatment and disposal.
- Liquid waste treatment and disposal.
- Sludge and drilling mud treatment and disposal.
- Regulated and hazardous waste treatment and disposal.
- Packaged chemical and toxic waste treatment and disposal.
- Construction and demolition waste disposal.
Contact Westrex for Expert Advice
Contact us for a chat, or make an appointment for one of our friendly professional staff to visit your site or office.
Together, we will find the right solution for your site’s environmental contamination and waste management needs.