WestRex Pty Ltd (WestRex) were engaged by Austrans Group to manage the disposal of various categories of contaminated soil, from the site remediation of the Woolloongabba Cross River Rail site.
Across the 30,700 m2 site, 157,000+ tonnes of contaminated soil were removed and disposed to Ti Tree Bioenergy Willowbank as day cover material, asbestos impacted soil, unlined landfill disposal and lined landfill disposal.
A relatively small volume of soil was received and treated for heavy metal contamination, prior to disposal into the Ti Tree lined landfill cell.
The remediation works for this site form part of the early works package for the Cross River Rail project, a $5.4B infrastructure project funded by the Queensland Government.
- Full time project manager appointed to oversee the compliant disposal of 157,000+ tonnes of soil.
- Management of overloaded vehicles to ensure compliance with Chain of Responsibility requirements.
- Receival of 106,000+ tonne of contaminated soil as lined landfill cover material.
- Management of a large volume of truck numbers to ensure smooth loading and tipping operations.
- Ensuring disposal quantities were within Soil Disposal Permit specified volumes.
- Successful application for exemption of the Queensland Waste Levy, for soil disposed post July 2019.
- Daily and weekly reconciliation of disposal volumes to ensure accurate reporting.
David Wrenn- Business Development Manager